Police Jury Offices Closed, But Essential Services Available
In keeping with Gov. John Bel Edwards’ “Stay-at-Home” executive order to stop the spread of COVID-19, all Calcasieu Parish Police Jury buildings will be closed to the public beginning Tuesday, March 24.
Police Jury officials ask residents to utilize the parish’s online services as much as possible. Below is an update on essential services being provided at this time:
- American Job Center is closed to the public. All employment services are to be done by phone – call the state call center at 1-866-783-5567 or go online to laworks.net.
- Animal Services and Adoption Center is closed to the public. Officers will respond to emergency and high-priority calls.
Mosquito Control, Public Transit and the Office of Juvenile Justice Services, including the MARC Center, are all in operation. No visitors are allowed at OJJS.
Parks and boat launches are open, but park playgrounds are closed. No new reservations are being taken at RV slots and tent camping areas.
Division of Planning and Development is closed to the public but is still taking calls at 721-3600 and emails at email@example.com. A reminder that online permitting services are available at calcasieuparish.gov/permits.
The Solid Waste Convenience Centers are open and operating on their normal schedule: 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday-Monday (closed Tuesday and Wednesday). Call 721-3500 for information.
Waste Management residential garbage services are running according to schedule. Visit wm.com/alerts for up-to-date service information.
Calcasieu Parish Police Jury meetings have been cancelled until further notice.
Residents are encouraged to visit the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury’s website, www.calcasieuparish.gov, to stay up-to-date on all parish news and closures. Residents are also encouraged to like the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury’s Facebook and Twitter (@cppj) pages.
Other ways to receive Calcasieu Parish Police Jury news:
- Calcashout: Sign up to get the latest emergency information on your phone, tablet, or computer at www.calcashout.com.
- C-GOV, YouTube: Watch Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness briefings and news conferences live on the C-GOV Channel (Suddenlink Channel 5, Vyve Channel 61 and Cameron Communications Channel 99). YouTube: OHSEP briefings and news conferences can also be watched live on the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury’s YouTube Page.
- E-news: Receive important parish news via email at https://www.calcasieuparish.gov/residents/enews-sign-up.