Connect with the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury through one of our social media portals like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to get updates on what's going on in the parish. You'll not only find news links and calendar events, but you'll get a glimpse of us behind the scenes too.
Twitter is for people who like their information short, sweet and to the point. A tweet on Twitter post can only be 140 characters long but you sure can say a lot with them.
The parish uses twitter to tweet out links to new web pages on our site, as well as to post updates on pages like zoning, property rentals and surplus inventory. You'll see behind the scenes photos when we shoot videos and a whole lot more.
What can I watch on YouTube?
YouTube has been THE place to watch videos online for quite a while. When you subscribe to our CPPJ program channel you'll be alerted every time we upload a new video. We not only have Calcasieu Parish Police Jury summaries and meetings, but you'll also find explanations of our many programs and projects along with "How to" videos and public service announcements. New videos are uploaded every week!
Facebook is an outlet where you can easily join in on a conversation - not only with the parish but also with other people who have joined the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury's fan page. This is where you can see photos, read messages and see what other people in the parish are concerned about.
Take a few minutes to review the Police Jury's customer use policy for commenting on Calcasieu Parish Police Jury social media sites. When engaging with Calcasieu Parish via social media, you are agreeing to the CPPJ's customer use policy. Calcasieu Parish Police Jury departments share information, video and photos with the public through external social media websites. Comments made by the public will not be edited by parish staff but a comment may be deleted if it violates the parish comment policy listed below:
- Comments should be related to the topic posted on the Police Jury’s social media page.
- Comments that are not directly related to the purpose of the topic and/or general comments concerning the Police Jury can be emailed to the appropriate department on our website. Click here for department emails.
- CPPJ's social media pages are not for promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office, or advertisement of a business or commercial transactions.
- Obscene, harassing and threatening language is prohibited.
- Offensive comments targeting any ethnic, racial, sexual orientation, religious group, gender or disability status are prohibited.
- Personal attacks of any kind are prohibited.
- Posting material advocating illegal activity is prohibited.
- The Police Jury may make additions or modify the comment policy at any time.
- Social media users may post their own original content and are invited to do so as long as the content meets the customer use policy standards and is relevant to the subject of the social media site.
Submit questions on the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury’s social media customer use policy and/or social media activity HERE.