Born in Marrero, LA, Dane Bolin has been residing in the Lake Charles area for 40-plus years. He is married to the former Cathy E. Nicholas, who is employed with the Calcasieu Parish School Board as a first grade teacher. They have two children, Emily and Brett.
- High School: Sam Houston High, Lake Charles, LA 1982
- College: Bachelor of Science from McNeese State University, 1990.
- Honorable Discharge United States Navy, 1987
- Honorable Discharge Louisiana Army National Guard, 1989.
ACTIVITIES & HONORS:
- Former Assistant Basketball Coach, Barbe High School
- Former Louisiana High School Basketball Referee for 12 years
- Notary Public - State of Louisiana since 1992
- Member of Life United Church
- Past President of Big Brothers Big Sisters Board of Directors
- Current Vice President of Southwest Safety Council
- Past President of the Louisiana Juvenile Detention Association
- Completed Leadership SWLA - Chamber 2008
- 2009 Don E. Wydra Award Memorial Award - Juvenile Justice
- 2011 MacArthur Foundation Champion for Change Award - Juvenile Justice
- 2012 Law Day Liberty Bell Award - Juvenile Justice
- 2014 Annie E. Casey Foundation Systems Official Award for Juvenile Justice.
EMPLOYMENT WITH CALCASIEU PARISH:
- Employed as Probation Officer in 1991
- Employed as Director of Detention Services in 1998
- Employed as Assistant Director of the Office of Juvenile Justice Services in 2003
- Employed as Director of the Office of Juvenile Justice Services in 2007
- Appointed Assistant to the Administrator in 2010
- Appointed Assistant Administrator, 2014