The Calcasieu Parish Police Jury has a new Litter page! To see it, click HERE.
Solid Waste Convenience Centers
The parish's two Residential Solid Waste Convenience Centers are facilities at which Calcasieu Parish residents can bring large waste items that are too big for residential trash bins and dispose of them properly.
Residents can also bring sorted recyclable items to the facilities.
This service is at no additional cost and available to all Calcasieu Parish residents with valid driver's licenses.
Center locations and hours of operation:
Public Works - East Public Works - West
East Maintenance Facility West Maintenance Facility
5500 B Swift Plant Road 2915 Post Oak Road
Lake Charles, LA 70615 Sulphur, LA 70663
Regular hours are 7 a.m. -5 p.m. Thursday - Monday. They are CLOSED on Tuesday and Wednesday of each week.
The centers are closed on most parish holidays. Here are the Solid Waste Convenience Centers' holiday closures for 2020:
- Wednesday, Jan. 1 New Year's Day (Both centers are closed on Wednesdays)
- Monday, Jan. 20: Martin Luther King, Jr Day
- Tuesday, Feb. 25: Mardi Gras Day (Both centers are closed on Tuesdays)
- Saturday, July 4: Fourth of July
- Wednesday, Nov. 11: Veterans Day (Both centers closed on Wednesdays)
- Thursday, Nov. 26: Thanksgiving
- Thursday, Dec. 24: Christmas Eve
- Friday, Dec. 25: Christmas Day
- Thursday, Dec. 31: new Year's Eve.
Each Residential Solid Waste Convenience Center has an attendant on site during operating hours and there is additional security after hours. When using the site, residents must stop by the attendant's booth and have their driver's licenses scanned to verify they are residents of Calcasieu.
The collection sites are to be used for residential solid waste only.
Items that are not accepted at the centers: