PERSONAL: Laura Bolton was born, raised and still lives in Carlyss, LA. She's married to Mark Bolton and they have three children, Teague, Keylee, and Blythe.
- High School: Sulphur High School, graduated Valedictorian in 1990
- College: McNeese State University, graduated Cum Laude with a B.S. in Economics/Finance in 1994
- Earned Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) from International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans and Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in 2018
- Earned Group Benefits Associate (GBA) from International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans and Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in 2006
- Certified Workers’ Compensation Professional (CWCP)
- Louisiana Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster.
ACTIVITIES & HONORS:
- Member of Louisiana Association of Self Insured Employers (LASIE)
- Member of Public Risk Management Association (PRIMA)
- Member of International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
- Member of The Risk Management Summit
- Past Board Member for Southwest Louisiana Independence Center
- Member of Lakewood Church.
CALCAISEU PARISH POLICE JURY:
Employed with the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury since 2002.