Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


In accordance with R.S.33:4754, the Police Jury may condemn, declare a nuisance, and cause to be repaired, demolished or removed, any buildings and structures, other than buildings or appurtenances on agricultural land when such land is used primarily for agricultural purposes, outside the incorporated municipalities within Calcasieu Parish. Unsafe buildings are not only eyesores but can pose a threat to public safety. Vacant buildings must be adequately secured and maintained.

To report an unsafe structure you may use one of the following methods:

Phone - Call (337) 721-3625 to connect with one of our Code Enforcement Technicians who will help you with your request.

E-Mail - Fill out the Citizen Complaint Form and forward it to Code Enforcement Staff at .  The complaint form should have the address of the property in question and a brief description of the type of violation.

Mail - You may also print and fill out the Citizen Complaint Form and mail it to the following address:

Calcasieu Parish Police Jury
Code Enforcement Division
P.O. Box 3287
Lake Charles, LA 70602